BF 1942 RTR Vanilla: Strasbourg [WIP] Release v1
Hey guys, for those of you that have been waiting for the RTR (the road to rome x-pack 1) conversion of the map, here it is: Download
It is a map similar to Liberation of Caen. The French Army starts in their uncappable main and must capture Strasbourg, held by the Germans and then capture the main German base in the northern portion of the map. There are 5 flags to capture for the French.
The French side has higher quality armor and a Spitfire, however the Germans have two tanks plus numerous artillery pieces to defend Strasbourg making it a challenge to infiltrate for the French.
A few things I added in the map:
- AT25 artillery piece which spawns for the French
- Sturmgestchutz tanks for Axis (2 spawn in city)
- 1 Hanomag APC for Axis in city
- M3A1 Grant tank for Allied
- Smaller combat area, 5 flags to capture instead of 6
- Salerno Skybox
- AAs on rooftops, ladders to building roofs
- Beefed up Strasbourg Cathedral defense
- New loading screen
- Map description @ start up
- XPack1 server mod icon apparent when selecting map in "Create Game" menu
The rest is for you to discover. Have fun playing the map!
Things to do:
Ground textures, object/terrain lightmaps, shadow and ambient light settings, water sounds, custom sound effects, adding more trees around the map
To install, drag and drop in your levels folder at: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\XPack1\Archives\Bf1942\Levels
YOU MUST HAVE THE ROAD TO ROME EXPANSION PACK IN ORDER TO PLAY THIS CUSTOM MAP OR IT WON'T WORK!
Discuss Thread: click here
Author: Black Mamba (modding developer)
..................Breaking News: Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons Event this weekend..
What you need for Downloads to be there?
1 - 4.) You just get here: click here
- Battlefield 1942
- Forgotten Hope 0.7
- Forgotten Hope Mappack 6
- FHSW 0.6
After then youll be one of the Part of the World War 2 Division made for you the players by Japan!